Monday, March 24, 2008

well suited

Exactly how did Chris Benz get director Brett Ratner to throw him a party? "We're old family friends, actually," said Benz, explaining that he was in Los Angeles for a trunk show at Neiman Marcus. Fresh from several hours at a tanning salon ("I've been there most of the afternoon, actually") and clad in his favorite Comme des Garçons suit and Louis Vuitton shoes, the designer greeted guests Jennifer Beals, Magda Berliner, Gregory Parkinson, Paz Vega, and celebrity hair stylist Ken Paves, who told us that Vega's "side part is the sexiest thing I've seen all week." Ratner himself surfaced for a split second from his living room to check that all was under control in his front yard. "It's a scene of cosmic proportions," he said as he surveyed his guests. At which point we couldn't resist asking for his thoughts on the fashionable aspect of the night. "Oh, geez. You know I love Chris, but I'm not so much into fashion. I'm much more into accessories, and right now I really like [what] Aurelie Bidermann [is doing]."

—Linlee Allen

Photo: Linlee Allen