Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ben Grasso Paintings, Marcel Dzama, sewing, and toast.

This painting by Ben Grasso is called "By the Bulrush" and is part of an exhibit of his work at Thierry Goldberg Gallery in NY. Which I haven't seen. But I want to soon, because just this image alone makes me want to paint with oil again. I'm still obsessed with decaying architecture as metaphor (and as itself). Maybe I always will be?

I also want to see this exhibit of Marcel Dzama's work. Sculptures, dioramas (I LOVE dioramas!) and paintings  by an artist whose repertoire is expanding in a most fabulous way. Check out this beautiful diorama:

RANDOM:
- Thanks to the lovely Waliyyah Muhsin for leading and navigating me through my first experience in the mammoth world of Joann's fabrics. I'm ready to start my first handmade outfit after weeks of horribly awkward attempts at "altering" existing clothing from my closet. May I have better luck with sewing an outfit from scratch!

- Wonderful toast innovations here and here.

- Thanks to the Etsy Storquettes for featuring me today in a Storque article on handmade weddings.