Friday, March 14, 2008

New work on Flickr, and Toy Theatre madness.

I finally uploaded pictures of the rest of my 2007/2008 collages in a Flickr set entitled "Cities and Continents." Some of these are sold but its good to have 'em all in one place so I/you can see them as a body of work. The ones that are not sold can all be found in my Etsy shop, wondercabinet.

I have been working today on a proposal for an exhibit I am excited about: The Temporary Toy Theater Museum at the Great Small Works' 8th Annual Toy Theater Festival! Yes indeed. As a part of this amazing toy theater festival, these folks are curating an exhibition of art, performance, etc which is inspired by or somehow influenced by the forms or ideas of Toy Theater, in any medium. My new collaborative partner Erik Ruin and I are proposing to do some tabletop sculptures which combine the best (hopefully) of my architectural, ramshackle sculptural installations with his shadow puppeteering and papercutting and experimental-projecting skills. I am really looking forward to riffing on the mechanics and forms of toy theater - to create a dramatic space, one which seems like it could be activated for a performance, but effectively stands alone. Works in progress will be posted on this here blog!