Sunday, May 4, 2008

Achariya.net: Who is that tall girl?


Shapes by Zada Goth Chic shape and "Bring me a Dream" skin


Zada Zenovka was kind enough to hand me her new "Goth Chic" character avatar. We chatted briefly about it one night.

"I love the character of Death from Sandman," Zada said, "so I'm going to make a complete skin and shape set in her honor."

Zada's Goth Chic character avatar pack is definitely complete. It has one base shape and then seven other iterations depending upon prim skirt or prim lashes, five varieties of Another Skin skin mods, prim lashes, three kinds of face lights (I'm wearing the gothique one), a few fun extras like Death's ankh, and eyes. The eyes are all dark and glittery and gorgeous, straight from the pages of Neil Gaiman.

Zada wrote something lyrical in the note within the character pack:

In Sandman, Death is a teen goth. She's full of youthful optimism and compassion, but also timeless wisdom. She knows that when the last lives in the universe dies, she'll be there to claim them, and yet she faces this knowledge with gentle humor. She's an incredibly compelling character to me, and I wanted to capture something of that in my own take on a sassy goth chick.

I do love it when creators have stories in mind when they create.


Clockwise from upper left, Shapes by Zada "Dark Empress", "Insomnia"
"Tears for the Dying", "Spider Queen"


(Other outfit credits:)
***Shape, skins, eyes, face light: Shapes by Zada Goth Chic character avatar
***Hair: Nylon Outfitters (NO) Leah
***Dress: ~silentsparrow~ spiderbaby in licorice
***Tights: *Sheer* Torn Nylons Stripes Fade Black
***shoes: Lassitude & Ennui Asuka in coal