Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jeff Ooi: WANTED: Research Assistant

I am looking for ( 1 ) Little Birds and ( 2 ) a Research Assistant to help me in my duty as a Member of Parliament.

For the post of Research Assistant, the candidate could be a financial analyst or a journalist at the business desk, strong in English and have a penchant for poring volumes of documents and outputting concise executive summaries. It is a job on flexi-hours, working from remote stations using the Internet, and the candidate will be salaried using part of my MP allowance.

Specifically, I am looking for a person who will help me research on

  1. Petronas revenue watch (how much revenue is earned, how much Petronas pays to the federal government, and how much it goes to the rakyat);

  2. Independent Power Producers (the likes of Malakoff, Powertek, YTL Power, Genting Sanyen etc) and details on the concessionaire agreements; and

  3. the Ministry of Energy, Water and Communications (re MCMC and the awarding of various classes of licences, background information of real owners of these MCMC licencees, stunted roll-out of 3G and WiMAX services and implementation of Mobile Numbers Portability... and Dr Halim Shafie.)

For the posts of Little Birds, well, it's a voluntary contribution from fellow Malaysians much in the good old Screenshots tradition. Critical documentary evidence from you is much awaited and appreciated. The major difference is, apart from publishing it in my blog, I will use it in my Parliament speeches upon facts verification. Your confidentiality is assured.

You may contact me at my email exclusive for my parliamentary work at jelutong AT jeffooi.com.

The Parliament sits from April 28, 2008.

NOTE: I am slowly phasing out the old mobile number 019-3761397. It has been swarmed with over 500 SMSes and hundreds more missed calls, which HAD accumulated since the campaign period and I had no time to read... though Nokia N95 has the capacity to store such huge volume of data on the handset.