Monday, May 5, 2008

On The Spot : Meeting Street Designs

Shop: Meeting Street Designs

Owner: MaryMarsh

1. Who do you think your creations are perfect for?

Because I create a wide variety of handmade items, I think my creations are perfect women and children of all ages. I sell mostly hair accessories, keychains, magnets, jewelry, and bookmarks.

2. What inspired you to start your own business?

I have always loved making crafts. Being creative is one of the simple joys in life for me. It's the "creating something from nothing" that I enjoy. Starting my own business was something I've always wanted to do. I'd have to say that my inspiration came from my father who also owns his own business. I've seen the dedication and hard work it takes, but I am always willing to accept and take on any challenges. So far, it's been a dream come true!

3. Where do you get the ideas for your designs?

Most of my ideas come from lots of careful brainstorming. It seems as though the "wheels" are always turning in my head trying to think of what new product I can come up with next. My latest creation... one of a kind button keychains!

4. When you aren't creating awesome stuff, what are you doing?

Besides thinking of new projects to work on, I am usually out shopping or on walks with my husband and our dog. I also enjoy reading and spending time with my close friends.

5. Why do you think people love/would love your work?

I take great pride in my work and what I do. I design products that are not only useful but fun and unique as well. Best of all, all of my products are handmade by me. Knowing that something is handmade makes it that much more special. Buy handmade!